Suspension work has restarted after a three-month break while the Ferrari-side of the garage was refitted with new cabinets, parts storage and workbenches.
Part of the suspension work this time around is to replace the polyurethane bushings with OEM-type silent blocs. In the three years I have had them fitted, I have found the poly bushes a little harsh but worse than that annoyingly squeaky.
Putting in new silent blocs means removing the old sleeves (the poly bushings were inserted into the old silent bloc sleeves and so did not need this). The old sleeves are tack welded in, so grinding away the welds is the only option. I found a regular 4″ grinder quick but too large and imprecise so it was in with the trusty Dremel.
This is what we need to see: a distinct crack between the bushing sleeve and suspension arm. Only another 31 welds to grind out before finding a hydraulic press to push out the sleeves.